After almost seven months and $10M of building upgrades, the revamped Townsville Civic Theatre has thrown open its doors again.
Works undertaken included:
- Roof repairs
- Asbestos removal
- Fire safety upgrades
- Electrical and plumbing repairs/upgrades
- Catwalk compliancy works
- Automated fly line conversion
- Dressing room facelift – painted, new cabinetry new carpet
- Removal of old tech office bathrooms
- Water ingress works
- Orchestra Pit refurbishment
- Carpet replacement in foyer and auditorium
- Seating replacement with Hadley system
- New Meyer FOH Audio system
- New FOH Curtain
- New door curtains
- New auditorium cameras
See a timelapse of the process and the resulting upgrades here.
The Townsville Civic Theatre was closed from December 10, 2017 to July 14, 2018 while the building works were completed. Revere Projects were the Project Managers, with Hutchinson’s Builders engaged as the principal contractors. Jands installed both the pit and the fly system.
The theatre will be back in full swing when it welcomes the Australian Festival of Chamber Music from Friday 27 July.
For further information contact Townsville Civic Theatre.