Dates, locations and bookings:
- Wednesday 14th April - Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre - BOOK HERE
- Friday 16th April - Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre - BOOK HERE
- Monday 19th April - Townsville Civic Theatre - BOOK HERE
- Already held - Wednesday 17th March - Logan Entertainment Centre
Led by Marty Hankins, M3 Media, this series of one-day workshop covers the fundamentals of digital video production, streaming and broadcasting. Topics covered:
- basic live streaming
- a foundation of different streaming protocols
- how to ensure a strong and stable network
- outcomes and processes to ensure client satisfaction
- equipment and tech requirements
- redundancy and backup solutions
- business case studies and viability of streaming as an ongoing option beyond COVID.
Maximum participants: A maximum of 30 people per workshop will allow participants to have hands-on time with equipment, allow Marty to discuss and advise participants on the most appropriate digital equipment for their circumstances, and allow time for group discussion and information sharing.
Who are the workshops for? Technicians or staff from Performing Arts Centres, other live performance venues, community organisations, production staff from arts companies and festivals, and/or individual practitioners.
Cost: $45 catering cost per person (Tuition costs are fully funded by Arts Queensland's Digital Adaptation Fund)
About the Workshop Facilitator and Trainer: Marty Hankins, M3 Media: Marty is an expert in digital video production, streaming and broadcasting with over 40 years industry experience, spanning both live and online production. His expertise includes event delivery in corporate, broadcast, sporting, music and entertainment settings from international large-scale events as well as more intimate settings. In the area of online video and streaming services, Marty has been at the forefront since this form of media became a viable option across the globe. With his broad base of knowledge and experience, Marty is able to bring the skill sets of A/V technology and online knowledge together, to explain in simple terms, the processes and abilities of live streaming.
Download full details here.
Our sincere thanks to our host venues for their support: Logan Entertainment Centre, Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre, Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre, and Townsville Civic Theatre. This project is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.