As the peak body for performing arts centres in Queensland and the Northern Territory, NARPACA supports a vibrant network of members engaged in a wide range of activities including the presentation of local and touring performing arts productions, new work commissioning / co-producing, community cultural development, commercial venue hire and non-arts events and functions such as meetings and conferences.
The majority of NARPACA members are responsible for professionally-managed venues within their communities that stretch the length and breadth of Queensland and over the border to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. In recent years, membership has expanded to include theatres in both secondary and tertiary educational settings and performing arts producers and industry bodies seeking broader engagement with presenters in Northern Australia.
To service this diversity, NARPACA offers three classes of membership: Ordinary, Associate and Affiliate (Corporate or Industry) and a range of member services including:
- Providing a forum for members to connect with peers for support and information exchange
- A range of professional development activities including hosting three annual conferences (Management/Programming, Technical, Ticketing/Marketing)
- Advocating on behalf of the collective membership to address issues and foster growth within the venue sector
- Providing best-practise venue resources (administrative and production templates, policies, contracts etc.)
- Linking with the industry to keep members informed (issues, regulations, technologies, initiatives and opportunities)
- Promoting members’ facilities to the industry (including a profile on NARPACA’s web site)
- Facilitating the delivery of performing arts product through Northern Australia
- Conducting statistical / benchmarking research
- Providing leadership and a unified voice for its members to ensure an effective and informed venue sector