The Industry COVID Safe Plan for Queensland's Live Performance Venues/Theatres was approved by Queensland Health on July 2 and updated on September 25, 2020. Concert venues, theatres and auditoriums are allowed to open and can now have up to 50% capacity or one person per 4 square metres (whichever is the greater), with a COVID Safe Plan.
- clarity around the Safe Events Framework and the interaction with the Industry Plan (clauses 6.1 & 6.2)
- updated Section 9 & 9.1 to include capacity requirements and seating principles including example checkerboard seating plans (pages 11-14)
- new information about requesting patrons to show their appreciation for the performance by remaining seated and stamping their feet in place of calling out or standing for an encore (refer checklist "7 Front of House", 6th point).
- updated "physical distancing" information in Section 11.2 & 11.2.2.
To opt-in to the Plan:
- you need to be able to comply with the Checklist contained in the Plan.
- you must display a Certificate of Compliance in your venue before opening.
You are not required to submit the Checklist or Certificate to Queensland Health, however a relevant enforcement officer can check compliance at any time and/or may ask for a copy of the signed checklist.
A number of information sessions will be conducted to discuss the Industry Plan. To join one of these sessions, or for further information, please email Suzan.
Please feel free to copy parts of the Plan if developing your own plans, risk assessments or WHS Plans.
Stage Queensland thanks all members, committee members, working group, taskforce members involved in the consultation, and for sharing your skills and knowledge to inform the Plan. Thanks also to Arts Queensland for their support in developing the Plan and to PAC Australia and VAPAC for sharing their Guidelines and allowing us to reference them as required.